Health Blog

How To Tell It Is Alcohol Poisoning And Help In Such Situation

When people consume excessive alcohol, the remnants stay in the blood streams. Eventually, the excessive amount of alcohol in the blood starts shutting down the parts of your brain. Doctors term this condition as alcohol overdose or alcohol poisoning. Alcohol is a kind of depressant that affects your nervous system and brain.

At the same time, slowing your heart rate, breathing, and other essential bodily functions. Usually, your liver does an excellent job of keeping toxins of alcohol out of your bloodstream, but it may not keep up with it if you drink excessively in a short time. It is always better to take help from professionals of reputed rehabilitation centers like the detox to rehab for alcohol poisoning. They have multiple centers across different states in the US. You can check out their website to know more about how they help people come out of addiction and deal with alcohol poisoning.

Alcohol poisoning can cause damage and even death. If you come across anyone who has drunk too much, call the emergency number without wasting time. Here are the signs and symptoms to know if someone has an alcohol overdose.

Signs of alcohol poisoning

The signs of alcohol poisoning begin with mild symptoms and grow worse. It includes –

  • Slurred speech
  • Confusion
  • Stumbling or poor co-ordination
  • Clammy or damp skin

 Following are the severe symptoms –

  • Trouble staying awake
  • Severe confusion
  • Seizure
  • Throwing up
  • Slow breathing
  • Slow heart rate
  • The long pause between breaths
  • Low body temperature
  • Slow response

What to do in case of alcohol overdose?

When you notice these signs and symptoms, call the emergency number immediately. Do not leave the drunk person alone. Get them to sit upright and keep them awake. If the person is still conscious, have them take a sip of water and wrap them with a warm blanket. If the person passes out, shift them to their side to keep them from choking on vomit, and when the paramedics arrive, tell them how much the person has drank and their symptoms.

Comments are closed.